Bantam Breed and Gender Help

The beginnings of that comb makes me think roo. Looks like you have your wish.

We can have roosters. I originally thought it would be a rooster, but then watching the feathers develop and the changes, the comb has not really changed at all, and there is no waddle development. Plus the tail shoots straight out... I do not know.. I am so lost!!!

How old is yours? I watch them every day, looking for signs, and I have looked at more chicken pictures that I would care to admit trying to figure it out.....
I got mine on March 8th at the TSC and I figure they were about a week old at that point. His comb was very clear within the first three weeks and he has gotten the black feathers in the last week.

I got mine on March 8th at the TSC and I figure they were about a week old at that point. His comb was very clear within the first three weeks and he has gotten the black feathers in the last week.

I will be watching mine very closely then the next few weeks. But Red does not seem to have much in the way of tail feathers. Instead, it has a stubby tail and feathers sweeping up. I have no clue what he/she is, because most of the photos I see of red chickens just does not do the coloring right :/

My Red Roo last week...

My Red Roo today...

My Red Roo's comb today...

Holy Moly! They changed so fast! It has beautiful coloring though, I love the differences in the red..... I suppose I still have a few more weeks to wait...lol... I heard that they usually start to crow around 9 weeks old... but none of mine seem interested...yet...

what breed????

It is official Joe Dirt is a boy!!
woot.gif
He started trying to crow today, nothing comes out, but he is trying. He is also getting a pretty green sheen on his black tail feathers. Fingers crossed though that the rest of them are hens... The only one I am thinking might be a Roo is Mr. T, but then again, it's tail feathers are not saddling, and it is about a week older than Joe Dirt and is not trying to crow..... So fingers crossed we got 1 Roo and 5 hens... I read that Hens can also show dominating behaviors when they are young, especially if they are older than the other chicks, a type of pecking order... But Mr. T and Joe Dirt have been squaring off a bit as Joe begins to come into his own.... so exciting!!!
clap.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom