Bantam breed and sexing

Cwalls

Hatching
May 21, 2020
Hi new chicken owners here!
My first question is can anyone tell me what this sweet baby bantam breed is?
1007C414-5C30-4756-BCDE-39E8AFEAD52C.jpeg

it’s about 6-7 weeks old and i’m assuming a baby too considering how fast it’s comb grew.. The only reason i’m questioning gender is that from everything that I’ve read, “roosters are not friends” and this is by far the sweetest chick that we have and wants to be with us ALL of the time.

2. We definitely have another baby roo. They have grown up together and are both bantams. Do we make the decision now to find a new home for one or see how they make out when they get into their coop?

This is a silver duckwing old english game bantam cockerel. You can tell by the comb at such a young age, as well as the black feathers on the chest. The pullets will feather in with a salmon color on the chest.
To answer your next question it is important to know how many hens you will have with the two roosters? Sometimes if two roosters that grew up together have enough hens and space, they will be okay. This is not always the case and you might need to be ready to separate if things get tough as they mature.

This is a silver duckwing old english game bantam cockerel. You can tell by the comb at such a young age, as well as the black feathers on the chest. The pullets will feather in with a salmon color on the chest.
To answer your next question it is important to know how many hens you will have with the two roosters? Sometimes if two roosters that grew up together have enough hens and space, they will be okay. This is not always the case and you might need to be ready to separate if things get tough as they mature.
Thank you!! I’ve been trying to figure the breed out for weeks!
we have the two roosters and a mix of 9 hens bantam and regular size. We also have a big run for them so i’m hoping that things go well we love them both it would be tough decision

Back
Top Bottom