BANTAM BREED DETERMINATION BY PERSONALITY???? JUST CURIOUS :)

Hapigrl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
St Augustine, Florida
Just a thought.....I have posted my little bantam twice, with some feedback as far as breed goes as to look. Most people agree that she (yes we are all pretty sure she is a she, comb very small with no color at all at 7 weeks), BUT becouse I am so crazy curious as to what breed she is I have been reading everything I can to find on options of her breed. From feed back and my research, I, being an absolute and total newbie have come to think that she is as most people say an OEG, OR a Serama. Not questioning what people say, but personality wise, OEG's are confrontational and unsocial, and Seramas are loving and sweet. Keeping in mind this little one is all alone with only a teddy bear and heat lamp, or me, she is the sweetest, lovingest, most cuddly little creature on earth with a HUGE sence of humor. We put her in her coop for the day, and when I get home from work and go to say hello she charges the door with complete command to see me and get a pet. She does this hilarious dance back and forth until I pet her chest and wants nothing more than for me to pick her up so that she can tuck up under my chin and sing to me. I swear, she wants nothing more than for me to hold her and tell her how much I love her (YES I know I have the chicken love fever!). So after this big long statement, my question is, do you think personality is a possible way to help breed a bird??? Has anyone else ever thought of this? I know that she is probably an OEG, but this behavior is not what I have read about....anyone have a sweet OEG?? I would love to hear your stories too!! :)

Hapigrl, she's just a hapichk and regards you as her Mom hence the personality. If purchased from a hatchery source there is scant possibility that she is a serama.

Thanks Sourland. I know its not common to get a serama from the bin at TSC, but man she is just a sweety!! I was shocked that the other bantam I got at the same time out of the same bin was a belgiun d'anvers, but what do I know? I am so new I dont know whats common yet. Someone else just suggested she may be a Japanese Bantam. Geez! Time cant go fast enough for me. She's only 6 weeks old so I know i have to wait. THANK YOU!!!!! I DO hope that her behavior is becouse she is hapi! (btw, we lost the d'anvers days after we brought them home :( )

Back
Top Bottom