bantam breeds

Does anyone know what this one will turn out to be? I got it (which im almost positive is a rooster) at Coastal farm and garden. They carry a mixed selection that isnt listed. I got two and one is clearly
[/IMG][/IMG] a sebright hen but this white baby keeps me guessing. There is light flecks of grey. (He?) is about 5 1/2 weeks

New teeny bantam..Came from bin of several breeds so no idea what s/he is but sooo cute bout the size of a cotton ball...Chicken math strikes again! Went in to get 2 guineas ended up with 2 guineas and 6 chicks.

I thought I'd share a beautiful guy we're adding to our flock this Sunday
He's an Ameraucana/Sebright/Brahma mix
He caught my eye and like a great pair of shoes I had to have him.

Just Sharing Have a Great Week
he is a gorgeous bird I can see why he caught your eye

New teeny bantam..Came from bin of several breeds so no idea what s/he is but sooo cute bout the size of a cotton ball...Chicken math strikes again! Went in to get 2 guineas ended up with 2 guineas and 6 chicks.

That is one tiny chick or else one giant hand LOL !!!

It is tiny.. Here it is next to a guinea chick same age

And on my 12 yr olds hand

It is about the size of roasting marshmallows so it's name is marshmallow

Last edited:
Too cute!

My lil bantam seems to not be growing...Do they grow at much slower rate than standard. I don't remember my others growing this slowly. It eats and drinks well, but does peep/cry a lot more than the others. It is extremely tiny but so sweet...nestles it's lil head up and under the rest of the chicks. It's crop is full and soft and they all move around in brooder in and out of heat area. Is this just the way this lil one is or a sign something is wrong?

My lil bantam seems to not be growing...Do they grow at much slower rate than standard. I don't remember my others growing this slowly. It eats and drinks well, but does peep/cry a lot more than the others. It is extremely tiny but so sweet...nestles it's lil head up and under the rest of the chicks. It's crop is full and soft and they all move around in brooder in and out of heat area. Is this just the way this lil one is or a sign something is wrong?

Wish I could snap my fingers and give a magic answer -- but chicks are a mystery. My farm Mom says chicks are delicate and some make it and some don't. There's no knowing what will be. I had a supposedly healthy active Dominique chick for 3 weeks and then she suffered a sudden seizure, screamed, and was gone in 30 seconds. It was so traumatic that I don't deal with chicks any more. My only solace was that we gave the Dom a loving home while we had her.

Wish I could snap my fingers and give a magic answer -- but chicks are a mystery. My farm Mom says chicks are delicate and some make it and some don't. There's no knowing what will be. I had a supposedly healthy active Dominique chick for 3 weeks and then she suffered a sudden seizure, screamed, and was gone in 30 seconds. It was so traumatic that I don't deal with chicks any more. My only solace was that we gave the Dom a loving home while we had her.
Aww, I'm sorry for your loss. It's just been so long since I've raised any bantam chicks I can't remember if they're slower growing or not. I know they will be consistently smaller but since I only have one this time not sure if on track or not.

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss. It's just been so long since I've raised any bantam chicks I can't remember if they're slower growing or not. I know they will be consistently smaller but since I only have one this time not sure if on track or not.

Are you getting any clue as to what breed the bantam is? Serama are the smallest chicken breed and are the smallest chicks.

Back
Top Bottom