Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

The hen house is on the right side.

On the opposite side of the bantam coop, is the mixed flock coop with Silkies, Brahmas, an EE, Maran/GameFowl cross, a couple turkeys, & a Guineafowl.View attachment 1965547 Only 1 bantam silkie in this whole group.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the explanation. :)

8aab73d3-bcb9-41fb-bcfb-626d9ba03c52-jpeg.1966343

:love :love :love

Baby Blue picture.
0520191024-jpg.1966407
Blue is the OEGB - Phoenix mix.

Cutie! :love

He was an early crower, he started crowing at 3 weeks old.

Seems like my bantams tend to be early crowers, too. My bantam Cochins usually start at a couple days old! :th

SOOOOO much to catch up on! :eek:

Thank you all for your kindness....it makes Nugget's passing a little easier to bear. :hugs Yes, I believe a hawk got her. :(

@mymilliefleur , you're more than welcome! :hugs In my eyes, they're pretty incredible. :love
I wasn't able to attend Ohio Nationals, either, sadly. :hmm At least we can experience it vicariously through those who did! :love

@pipdzipdnreadytogo
You're so welcome. :) Fantastic choice! Besides that, chicks are far more fun to raise. :lol: Of course not, who needs Wheaten AMs? :confused:;)

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: My jaw hit the floor over those beauties! :love:love:love Am I the only one who can actually SEE the Moderns' personalities? :lol: So many gorgeous varieties of People, too. Here I am, stuck with boring black. :rolleyes:

The very last entry obviously takes the cake here.....those bones are simply perfect! :love:love

~Alex
I'm really sorry about Nugget :hugs

It's been a rough past few days for the flock (and me). :hmm In addition to Nugget, I lost Teeny (my oldest Blue Red OEGB) and Sleepy Scott (Crele OEGB), as well as came very close to losing Tiny Titan. Thankfully, he made a miraculous recovery last minute. :fl Lancelot seemed ill last night, too, but seems to feel better this morning after a mashed potato break with Titan. :)
View attachment 1959435
~Alex
Oh no. What a hard time. Sending healing wishes your way :love.They are just little heartbreakers.

Back
Top Bottom