bantam chicks

orpington girl

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2016
20171021_161346.jpg 20171021_161422.jpg 20171021_161448.jpg Hi, everyone,
I got these from a straight run at the feed store. All they could tell me is that they are about 5 weeks old and are bantam in size. Do you think they are both girls? I think the white one may be a boy.
I think the buff one may be a cochin. Not sure about white one. Has 5 toes, but not a silkie. All I had experience with are Orpington. Could you take a guess? Thanks in advance. I learn so much at this forum.

Attachments

• 20171021_161355.jpg
    20171021_161355.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 14
The white one is a cockerel as SeaPolka said. It has 5 toes, no crest, no beard, no feathers on the legs, and apparently white legs and skin unless I am seeing the photo wrong. So the only pure breed it could be is white Dorking or white Dorking bantam if such a thing even exists. Or, more likely, it's a mix. The other looks like a buff Cochin bantam pullet.

The white one is a cockerel as SeaPolka said. It has 5 toes, no crest, no beard, no feathers on the legs, and apparently white legs and skin unless I am seeing the photo wrong. So the only pure breed it could be is white Dorking or white Dorking bantam if such a thing even exists. Or, more likely, it's a mix. The other looks like a buff Cochin bantam pullet.
Thank you Jed Jackson and SeaPolka. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Buff Cochin pullet, crossbred cockerel. And if they are just 5 weeks the cockerel may not be a bantam. He's getting awful big.

Back
Top Bottom