Bantam Cochin Eggs - Day 5 (+2 Peafowl)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
5 days ago I set 17 eggs, all collected from my 1 bantam cochin hen ( bred by a frizzle roo). I saved them all up, 1 egg a day, she's such a good little layer.
smile.png
I have always gotten a lot of frizzle babies form this pair, so
fl.gif
again...mom wants a few more.

I also collected 2 eggs from a peahen we had for 2 weeks, we were waiting for her mate to get caught so we could deliver them to a friend. Even after 2 weeks I figured it was worth a try
idunno.gif

I just candled everything tonight & only had to remove 4 of the Cochin eggs (
woot.gif
) & 1 of the Peafowl eggs looks like it is really growing!! I will candle them again on day 10, I read online that you're supposed to wait 10 days to candle Peafowl eggs so I will recheck then. I am just amazed that I only had 4 early quitters in the cochin eggs...and even more suprised that 1 of the Peafowl eggs might actually be growing!

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, I'd like to get peafowl eggs for my next incubation. I hope your egg (&cochins) makes it, peacock chicks are the cutest
smile.png

They were originally yours? Sounds like my subdivision's cat problem, every single kitten or cat that my neighbors get always goes straight to my aunt's house (also my neighbor). It's the strangest thing how they always just go there, I mean she doesn't have a million cats at her house attracting them or anything so we're all just clueless lol. It's a good thing she takes them all to the vet to get spayed/nuetered. That's pretty good for that many of the cochin eggs to make it to lockdown isn't it? I bet you're proud of your hen, I can't wait to get eggs from my own hens (when I get my coop built).

Yeah, we started out with just a pair, Pete & Lady. Lady hatched about 15 eggs and the babies that survived all gre to adults. They used to visit the mobile home park that was next to us and the tennants would feed them and just loved them. after the park left they just kind of moved over to the neighbors and he started feeding them and pretty much adopted them. they seem happy there and it's really only a couple properties down so we can even still hear them calling, lol.

I had a dozen of my cochins eggs saved up and then left for the weekend, i was a little worried about them going bad but i collected the weekend eggs and put them all in after i got home. really happy they're growing so well
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom