Bantam Cochin Roo?

LavendarFeather

Songster
7 Years
May 24, 2012
This is a little "impulse chick" I picked up at a feed store because it was so tiny and cute. Looked like it was wearing UGG boots. I didn't know what color it was going to be or anything. I thought black, but it appears maybe blue? And it looks like a boy to me, too, but I know nothing about Cochins. I think he's about 5 weeks old.
Any guesses as to sex?

:/I have one that is is 3 weeks old and I KNOW he's a he. He is already attempting to crow. His comb is a bright pink and bigger than your chicks comb. We named mine Chuck Norris because it looks like he has bell bottoms on

Last edited:
Wow, he's an early starter!

My single little cochin chick was with a group of SFs..... I'm thinkin' it's a she, at 3 1/2 weeks it doesn't show much comb color and it's stance is more horizontal/relaxed than upright.... I'm hoping it's a Lemon Blue pullet, then I'll have a trio of beautiful yard art!!

Thanks all! I am starting to think pullet now as well. The comb had alarmed me--seemed very developed compared to my other chicks (different breeds). But in the past week it doesn't seem to have grown any. It's definitely pink, but the pics I'm seeing of cockerels of this breed have very RED combs.

And are you sure you named yours Chuck Norris for his bell bottoms, and not his machismo? :)

Thanks all!  I am starting to think pullet now as well.  The comb had alarmed me--seemed very developed compared to my other chicks (different breeds).  But in the past week it doesn't seem to have grown any.  It's definitely pink, but the pics I'm seeing of cockerels of this breed have very RED combs. 

And are you sure you named yours Chuck Norris for his bell bottoms, and not his machismo? :)
lol He's a sweetie. But knows his job already. I have two bigger chicks that are about a month older. When they get near, he "croaks" at his lil ladies and they all run for cover. Maybe it has to do with his manlyism.
I also have a Polish that I named Kat Williams. She is the smallest and LOUDEST.

lol He's a sweetie. But knows his job already. I have two bigger chicks that are about a month older. When they get near, he "croaks" at his lil ladies and they all run for cover. Maybe it has to do with his manlyism.
I also have a Polish that I named Kat Williams. She is the smallest and LOUDEST.
Fun names! My Silkie crowed for the first time this morning. I'm so proud :) But not sure if I can keep him.

Back
Top Bottom