Bantam Cochin with crop issue

Try a few tidbits of different foods to see if you can interest her. If you're giving her the baby bird formula, she's getting some nutrition.
Bits of soft cooked egg, tomato, melon, cucumber...these things seem to be enticing sometimes when one if off their feed. Even a few pieces (about 1 Tablespoon) of very finely chopped Kale or greens. Not sure if it's colors of the foods or if it's just tasty.

Sorry to hear she's not improving much, but 2 big poops is a good thing.

My sick chickens seem to go for boiled rice with a little yogurt or keifer stirred in. They also like it with raw egg mixed in. Getting her to eat will help to awaken her sluggish digestive system. I usually see almost immediate improvement once they begin to eat again.

So far the only thing she will eat on her own are mealworms So I am tubing baby bird food mixed with plain yogurt. She is having some really good poops mainly black in color is that normal.

I am sorry I did not get a notice of this . The black poop is no more now it is kind of normal with water in it I would think from the Epsom salt flush. But I do have an update. Day 2 of Epsom salt Flush and this afternoon she nibbled at her feed after she slung it out of the bowl then I offered her some egg yolk and she ate some of it, not a lot but I feel it is a start. I can get a picture of her poop tomorrow? I just cleaned out her pen and put down new puppy pads.

We’re done with the flush and she just will not eat I am still giving her baby bird food but how long can this go on? It was 2 weeks yesterday that I brought her inside for treatment. I’m losing hope :hit

Back
Top Bottom