Bantam Cochin with crop issue

Nothing is working. :( at this point I may just have to put her down. I am going to keep at it today and make my mind up this evening. I swear if you looked at her you'd never know anything was wrong no eye discharge breathing is fine. in other words no outward sign. Then pick her up and feel her breast bone sharp and she is so light. She just wants to lie in front of her mirror.
I took her sister out a few days ago because I felt the one sick was being intimidated since her sis would eat and the sick one would stand with her head down instead of joining in.
:hugs

I am so sorry @Miss Lydia :hugs our birds can really become intertwined in our hearts, it's difficult to watch them decline. Sometimes their illness stays a mystery, we never do know what causes them to pass. If her sister died the same way, she probably has a genetic defect causing her illness. You have gone above and beyond with her and I am sure she knows she is loved. When she gets that distant look in her eyes, she appears to be pulling away, I'd keep her someplace warm and comfortable, she will go when she is ready. I am so sorry, :hugs it's always heartbreaking, I know. 💔

I am so sorry @Miss Lydia :hugs our birds can really become intertwined in our hearts, it's difficult to watch them decline. Sometimes their illness stays a mystery, we never do know what causes them to pass. If her sister died the same way, she probably has a genetic defect causing her illness. You have gone above and beyond with her and I am sure she knows she is loved. When she gets that distant look in her eyes, she appears to be pulling away, I'd keep her someplace warm and comfortable, she will go when she is ready. I am so sorry, :hugs it's always heartbreaking, I know. 💔
Thank you @TwoCrows I appreciate all your help and caring it means so much. :hugs

I have an update sorry it is so late. My little hen is still alive and doing well. She must be eating because I don't think she would still be with us it is just too cold to sit out and watch. But when I toss out mealworms she is one of the first to start scarfing them up. I know for a fact if you all hadn't helped I wouldn't still have her I appreciate so much your caring and help.
@Wyorp Rock @azygous @TwoCrows

Back
Top Bottom