BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hiddenacres, Sep 11, 2013.

1. calichicken

calichicken Overrun With Chickens

Good luck with the rest of your hatch [​IMG] baby blue banty is sound asleep...LOL! Cracks me up the way chicks fall asleep [​IMG] I have 12 Bantam cochin eggs coming on Friday [​IMG]

2. calichicken

sorry...double post [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. BrucieGoose78

BrucieGoose78 New Egg

Mar 30, 2015
    Norfolk, UK
    Hi, we picked up some new Pekins this weekend. The chocolate is very strange as it has a chocolate face. Has anybody seen this before? My quick research (Google Images) does not show any other full Choc Pekins.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this normal?

4. CowboysAngel

CowboysAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Thanks @calichicken, I think my Blue frizzle has gone broody! Yay!

I think she has 12 eggs under her...

Usually if I open the nest box and she is inside she just continues her busines quietly or runs out...because she doesn't like to be petted...

Today I opened the box and she did her best impression of a screech owl/hawk cross! Even walking near the box and she screeches...thankfully the box is in a low traffic area!

There were feathers around her in the nest box too.. So fingers crossed!

Do I need to relocate the roo right before they hatch? This will be her first clutch...and his...

I hatched two of her eggs yesterday, and have 4 more due to go on lockdown Wednesday...I think the lol blue is hers...though it might be the calicos, she does have some light blue feathers, but Dixie is so blue she is almost black...

5. Violetsfeathers

Violetsfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    I don't know much about chocolates but your bird is very pretty!

6. calichicken

YAY for broodies...sounds like she is well on her way [​IMG] I do not have a roo so sorry, I have no advice about keeping him with the broody or removing...sorry! There are 2 very good broody hen threads I would post the question on...very nice people with great knowledge and experience!

7. vpatt

vpatt Chillin' With My Peeps

My little cochins are so cute. She has been laying an egg almost everyday but I never see her in the nest. I already collected her egg today. When I went outside just now she is on the nest and he is right outside the nest standing guard. I wonder if she is going broody. Will he typically be a good dad?

8. CowboysAngel

Mar 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here's a better picture of the 3 banty babies.

I lost track of which 2 were dixies, and which one was Callies, though I am pretty sure the blue one is the blue frizzles baby...lol

7 more go on lockdown tomorrow...I will figure out some way to keep them straight! 4 more dixies, 3 more Callies...the calico doesn't lay as much as the frizzle...

my final hatch count was 22 outta 25!

[​IMG]

9. calichicken

Now that's an adorable pile of fluff balls!!!! Congrats on the great hatch rate! Hoping mine will be as successful [​IMG]

10. CowboysAngel

Mar 13, 2013

Thanks! My Dad is really proud..,he built it a couple of years ago and passed I to we to me...he found the design here :)

It was first incubator hatch.

Good hatch to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by