BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Got a new cochin hen today. I'm so excited. She is the cutest thing ever lol

Awww! She's adorable! :love
I bet she's really sweet too :)

I just picked up our first chicks ever!!!! Surprising my kids with them! We have 3 kids ages 5-7 and then I'm getting a 2 day old grey silkie tomorrow for me! Do you think the silkie will do okay with the Cochins? What age can you tell the sex? Also, any idea what colors my chicks will turn out to be?

Last edited:
I just picked up our first chicks ever!!!! Surprising my kids with them! We have 3 kids ages 5-7 and then I'm getting a 2 day old grey silkie tomorrow for me! Do you think the silkie will do okay with the Cochins? What age can you tell the sex? Also, any idea what colors my chicks will turn out to be?

I've heard cochins and silkies do really well together. Our 2 a frizzled and a smooth are a little bossy over our silkies but they are started to get a pecking order down. Smooth cochin top. Frizzled cochin next. Then the cochin mix lol. Then silkie roosters and the silkie hens after them. Our silkies are very docile. Just a wonderful breed. Our cochins are sweet too but they were purchased as good broody's so I think that's where the attitude comes from lol

My cochin and silkie did well together. My cochin was always a bit curious about that crazy poof on top of the silkies head....LOL
lau.gif
Every so often she would try to grab at it but that silkie wasn't having any of that! Hope your kiddos loved their surprise!

Hello,

I am helping my friend look for some red cochin bantam fertile eggs, prefer in the spring but would like information on where I can get some. She will be showing them as well as breeding them, we live in the high desert of Oregon and its is becoming a little too cold to ship eggs right now. Thank you ahead of time.

Virginia

They are beautiful! Are the gray and white ones silver penciled? And did I see a wheaten?
Thank you!

Yes they are Silver Penciled. I also have Blue Mottled, Blue, Red, Millie, Calico I have a Couple Wheaten’s, working on Isabella, and not pictured I have a few Lemon Blues/Brown Red etc., and some crosses. They are mostly running together till after New Year, then I will separate some into a few breeding groups.

Back
Top Bottom