BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I have three giant blue Cochin's and one of them hates the roosters they fight with him. Any time the rooster sees the two hens he'll puff up and so will the hen.Im guessing this is because there going to be laying soon and they will not let the rooster mate with them.should I separate her and wait until her first egg is layed or should she be fine because I'm only worried about them getting hurt.the roos a red ranger.

Last edited:
I have three giant blue Cochin's and one of them hates the roosters they fight with him. Any time the rooster sees the two hens he'll puff up and so will the hen.Im guessing this is because there going to be laying soon and they will not let the rooster mate with them.should I separate her and wait until her first egg is layed or should she be fine because I'm only worried about them getting hurt.the roos a red ranger.

One of my hens never did what the roo wanted, and when he would attack us the hen would come over and fight him for us. She always forages on her own a ways off from the flock and she was at the bottom of the pecking order. Now she is five years old and all her flock mates are dead except one hen so she is second out of 15 in the pecking order. I now have a bunch of bantams.

I don't think you should seperate them unless they are drawing blood from each other. They'll work it out eventually.

Any thoughts what mix these are (i know the white is a silkie) but the lady I got the others from said they were bantam Cochins but looks like they aren't!!so any thoughts on breeds and gender yet?

Any thoughts what mix these are (i know the white is a silkie) but the lady I got the others from said they were bantam Cochins but looks like they aren't!!so any thoughts on breeds and gender yet?

Their combs do not look Straight Combed. Possible bantam Cochin crossed with Bantam Ameraucanas or also maybe crossed with Sebrights. Would need close up pictures of their combs. Does the one have a slight beard? Cute little crosses though. The bottom black and white one looks like a little boy

Their combs do not look Straight Combed.  Possible bantam Cochin crossed with Bantam Ameraucanas or also maybe crossed with Sebrights.  Would need close up pictures of their combs.  Does the one have a slight beard?  Cute little crosses though.  The bottom black and white one looks like a little boy

These are my first chicks did you mean the silkie as far as the beard?!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom