BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Help for questions..Hello I'm from ohio and I have lots of questions about my 2 Cochins 1 is a gorgeous Roo and the other is a hen. and 4 mixed whatever bantam hens they were Easter chicks! And I'm really new to chickens . Any information on when they start laying. To are the cold hearty?
Thanks and any and all help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi, I am really interested in getting a Cochin bantam. Can any of you request a good breeder? I am looking for show quality birds. I live in California. I have looked around quite a bit, but can't seem to find any breeders near me. I'd be fine having them shipped too. Thank you, Azteck.

Hi, I am really interested in getting a Cochin bantam. Can any of you request a good breeder? I am looking for show quality birds. I live in California. I have looked around quite a bit, but can't seem to find any breeders near me. I'd be fine having them shipped too. Thank you, Azteck.
I got mine from Parker Padilla in gilroy. I think you can only reach him through Facebook these days.
https://m.facebook.com/parker.padilla/
He has some amazing blue cochin bantams in his coopyard right now and is working on Colombians. I posted a photo of my blue and am taking one of his Colombians home next weekend which I will be all too happy to show off!

Quote: Thank you so much! Do you happen to know how his Cochins do at shows? I don't know that much about there conformation, so do you think his birds look nice? Sorry about the weird questions. I am hoping to become competitive with the birds I get. Again, thank you!

Also, is anyone planning on going to the Stockton show? I've gone before, and it is a really fun show!

Thank you so much! Do you happen to know how his Cochins do at shows? I don't know that much about there conformation, so do you think his birds look nice? Sorry about the weird questions. I am hoping to become competitive with the birds I get. Again, thank you! 

Also, is anyone planning on going to the Stockton show? I've gone before, and it is a really fun show!
I know his Japanese and OEGB do well at shows, and he will be taking them to Stockton too. The blue I bought from him has very good conformation both in type and color, and the one I chose was actually a bit runty. Not the best of the ones he has right now, yet better than any I've ever seen in person before going to his coops. I can't recommend him enough!

Hey LuvinChickens,

I use water stations, shade from trees and buildings to keep them cool. I have plenty of outbuildings on my property, so my Cochins will hung out there, but I also have lots of Water stations wherever it's shady, and I haven't had any problems with overheating animals because of it.

Hope that helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom