Bantam Coop Ideas

HMulvey227

Chirping
Jan 12, 2021
Hi! Looking for inspiration for bantam breeding coop. I will be breeding D'Uccles and need something big enough for 2 bantams and can be easily moved. Share pictures of yours or any ideas you may have 🙂 Maybe an extra large pet cage on wheels? Thanks!

I don't have a picture but I am currently making one out of a plastic storage shelf. 2 Bantams really don't need much space. It's a new experience for me too.

So far I have a added a roosting bar, I'm just going to line the outside with cardboard and hardware cloth as it will stay dry.

The simplest setup I have seen was a bike cage with a water jug with the top cut off as a nesting box filled with sand. Branch as a roost, job done. Depends how cold it gets, that would not be sufficient for mine but I think my converted storage shelf should work nicely, won't look very good but it won't cost an arm and a leg either.

I don't have a picture but I am currently making one out of a plastic storage shelf. 2 Bantams really don't need much space. It's a new experience for me too.

So far I have a added a roosting bar, I'm just going to line the outside with cardboard and hardware cloth as it will stay dry.

The simplest setup I have seen was a bike cage with a water jug with the top cut off as a nesting box filled with sand. Branch as a roost, job done. Depends how cold it gets, that would not be sufficient for mine but I think my converted storage shelf should work nicely, won't look very good but it won't cost an arm and a leg either.
That's a good idea too! Im going to look into that 🙂

It surprisingly only took me an hour to build it. If you can, get the largest size you can!
I have made this one using only a 2 foot by 1 foot frame which I think is on the small side but if it is too small then it won't be too much of a waste of my time.

So all materials have been free/lying about. It is as light as a bantam chicken, very sturdy. Wind an rain proofed using a postal bag and cling film wrap.

So it might be rubbish but for 2 bantams it might be perfect. Definetely go for a bigger frame if you can, thats my only worry that my male won't be able to turn well once he gets bigger

IMG_6347.JPG IMG_6348.JPG IMG_6350.JPG

Back
Top Bottom