Bantam eggs from CA to PA 100% hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Mar 27, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I consider it 100% however one egg stopped developing like 5 days in, but all were fertile.

I hatched out Old English Game Bantams, Seramas, Duccles and Cochins! [​IMG]

Heres the babies! Hatched out yesterday and today! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And they say that Seramas can't be shipped well! [​IMG] I hand turned all these eggs, and candled them about once a week to hatching. Even had a power outage for 4 hours yesterday and they are still here! [​IMG]

THANKS PQ!!! [​IMG]

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Awsome.. [​IMG]

In that last pic the little chick on the left looks like cleopatra

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow! Those millies are dark!! Who did you get your eggs from? I haven't heard that seramas were hard to ship. I received 2 eggs from DDD with some frizzle eggs I got from her and both of them hatched [​IMG] SC to KY is not that far, but it was still shipped [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:hmmm well if one of those turns out to be a hen that shall be her name! [​IMG] thanks lol!

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:from PQ [​IMG]

As for people sayin about them not shipping well, it was a big convo on seramas on the genetics board [​IMG] How they dont do well in shipping and also that handling them other then turning them can kill them. I had no problemos [​IMG] Best hatch so far [​IMG] ican't wait to see what all I have because some of the eggs werent marked so this shall be fun! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by