Bantam Lavender Araucana

Jan 6, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for hatching eggs from Bantam Lavender Araucana.
We do not have Bantams of this breed in Germany, so I am trying to find someone who either can ship eggs directly to Germany or to Chicago.
I would like to have eggs from two different breeders, who can each send 30 eggs...
I know that it is difficult and high risk, but don't have another possibility to get Bantams of this breed.

Hello, I'm looking for hatching eggs from Bantam Lavender Araucana.
We do not have Bantams of this breed in Germany, so I am trying to find someone who either can ship eggs directly to Germany or to Chicago.
I would like to have eggs from two different breeders, who can each send 30 eggs...
I know that it is difficult and high risk, but don't have another possibility to get Bantams of this breed.
I don't have any leads for you, but are you talking about the APA/ABA or the European/British Standard Araucana? In the US, Araucana are rumpless and with ear tufts, no beard or muff. The European Standard Araucana looks more like a US Ameraucana. Also, the variety Self Blue (what we call Lavender) is not recognized by APA or ABA for Araucana. Ameraucana are easy to find, US Araucana are much more difficult, and I've never personally seen a source in the US for European Araucana.
1641494949706.png
US Araucana
1641494986331.png
European Araucana (I think Australia too)
1641495092062.png
US Ameraucana

I am looking for the tailed ones. What you call US Araucana is European Standard as well, I breed these in blue, black and splash 😉

Depending on your pictures, it would be US Ameraucana I am looking for!

Attachments

• IMG_20211221_101547.jpg
    IMG_20211221_101547.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211002_092626.jpg
    IMG_20211002_092626.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210924_133259.jpg
    IMG_20210924_133259.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 8
I am looking for the tailed ones. What you call US Araucana is European Standard as well, I breed these in blue, black and splash 😉

Depending on your pictures, it would be US Ameraucana I am looking for!
Your birds look like Ameraucana without tails. The US Standard for Araucanas does not allow for beard and muffs. That splash is beautiful, I hatched a male not too long ago and I hope he turns out like that.

I suggest you contact the two Ameraucana Breeders Clubs:
ameraucanaalliance.org - There's a link to the breeder's directory at bottom left.
http://www.ameraucanabreedersclub.org/breedersdirectory.html

Make sure you use the term Ameraucana, they'll let you get away with saying Lavender if they know you're not from the US. 😉 I know of one LF breeder that has shipped to all 50 states and Canada, but I can't think of anyone who's been shipping internationally.

Back
Top Bottom