bantam mille fleur cochins -- update pics

They're gorgeous! I love them
ep.gif

He's soooooooo gorgeous!!!! Im really sweating those eggs:) If I only had an incubator
barnie.gif

edited to get my little emoticon going. They show up in the preview then sometimes disappear when I submit. I think it has something to do with a spacing after the last word....

Last edited:
He is the same bird as the one in my avatar. That is why I am predicting a lot of the excess white on amazondoc's pullets and cockerel will disappear. See how much white was on his breast earlier? Now if you look head on you can bearly see any white feathers there, and much less black too. It is mostly buff with a speckling of mille fleur markings. I don't have a good head on shot for him. Mostly he shows me his "bad" side, LOL! (I'm ba-ad, I KNOW it!)

Hey onthespot
frow.gif

Who is that roo and what happened to yours? That boy has turned out NICE Hurry and get my eggs
gig.gif
He is some lighter than mine But he sure has turned out to be a good looking boy

Mike
big_smile.png

all my banty hens got erratic with the egg laying from the fowl pox. Now I am only getting about two or three eggs a day, half of them are skinny ol pullet eggs. As soon as I start getting good eggs that I'd like to get in the mail, you are first in line.

I would like to point you folks to a book called An Introduction to Color Forms of the Domestic Fowl by Brian Reeder. It is an easy to follow book that breaks down all color varieties for you. It says there is no buff or columbian in millis. There is in mine, since I bought them from Ralph Philips- but if I were to do it again, I would use SQ birds and go Mr Reeder's route. Brian Reeder is well known and respected in the field.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom