bantam mille fleur cochins -- update pics

Now those are some handsome birds. I cannot have another bird....LOL...but seeing the ones in a poultry show was a treat. Such sweet birds. Will you be showing yours?
(Thank you for sharing your family, wonderful handsome bunch)

angel-smiley-5083.gif

Thanks Spook!

I doubt I'll be showing them, at least not at one of those multi-day shows. I can't stomach the idea of sticking them in a tiny little cage with strangers poking at them for days at a time. OTOH, I *might* eventually show them at one-day shows. You never know!

Ok, so the small pullet is GORGEOUS!!!

Question: I have a columbian banty cochin trio and Im getting a couple mottle hens in a month. I was thinking on using them to work on mille fleur. Is it partridge that will add the red?? Does anyone know? Bantyman?

Thanks, I googled BYC mille fleur cochin genetics and found that too. I thought you would need something darker but I guess not. It seams pretty easy. Just add all the ingredients and stir...hmm

So.......if mille fleur cochins are Columbian + mottled + buff, are speckled Sussex Columbian + mottled + somesortofmahogany?

There is a type of cochin call brown red (I do believe) that is a dark mahogany color without the lacing of partridge in the hens. I think that may be an interesting cross to get a deeper mille. hmmmm:) This could be fun and maddening all at the same time!

If you work on project birds, how to you unload your cull birds? I don't want to do all the work of de-feathering and and prepping a tiny banty for the stew pot so I'd want to sell them. Is there any market for these birds? or are they free to good home??

took this updated photo of my cockerel this morning. It shows his wing angle is very down at the tips, and you can also see he has vulture hocks. Just trying to be very up front of where my bird is at, type wise, and what you will have to battle in your breeding program if you end up with any of his eggs. He is the only mille fleur I have, so if you get MF x eggs from me, he is the daddy.
mfcockereloct08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom