Bantam rooster can't stand or walk!

ManiCraft

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2021
Hi everyone!
We have a few chickens, and this morning, we noticed that one of our bantam roosters is just lying there, with its legs out from under it. He couldn't stand up.
He is a few months old and we brought him inside, and he ate and drank.
What could it be?

Possible:
Spinal injury, the dog stepped on him a week ago, but he was fine, could the others crush his back?
Marek's is doubtful, since he is eating, and no other chicken has symptoms.
I would rule out vitamin deficiencies, because they are free range and we regularly give them supplements.

Hi everyone!
We have a few chickens, and this morning, we noticed that one of our bantam roosters is just lying there, with its legs out from under it. He couldn't stand up.
What could it be?

Possible:
Spinal injury, the dog stepped on him a week ago, but he was fine, could the others crush his back?
I would rule out vitamin deficiencies, because they are free range and we regularly give them supplements.
Splayed legs maybe?

Separate him in a wire dog crate near food and water. Prop him up on rolled towels or try a chicken sling. He may have been hurt, or it could be a disease, such as Mareks. Aspirin can be used for inflammation and pain. Note if he can move either leg or toes. Vitamins including riboflavin can be given daily.

Separate him in a wire dog crate near food and water. Prop him up on rolled towels or try a chicken sling. He may have been hurt, or it could be a disease, such as Mareks. Aspirin can be used for inflammation and pain. Note if he can move either leg or toes. Vitamins including riboflavin can be given daily.
We did put him in a sling a couple hours ago, and he ate and drank in it, he sometimes moves his tail feathers and I think that when we put him into the sling, I saw his leg twitch.

Hi everyone!
What could it be?

Possible:
Can you post some photos of him?
What do you feed?

Back
Top Bottom