Bantam run size

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
So we have 8 bantams at the moment and intend to have 15-20 max. I'm trying to get them out of my backyard because it causes too much temptation for my dog. Lol. We have movable fencing that will make a 19X19 square in addition to their coop that has a small 76"X36" run attached. The coop isn't big enough for that many chickens but we would build a bigger one. I just need a temporary fix for the 8 i have now. Is that enough room for the run? I would let them free range in the front yard during the day while I'm home.

P.s. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I'm sure this question is asked alot! If needed just direct me to the right thread/article😊

Oh whoops, I thought that part was still being made. The premade run is 19 sq feet. Plus 19 by 19 would be 380, divided by 20 would be 19 so yes, that would be big enough for all the bantams you're looking for. The house should be at least 40 sq feet too though, preferably 60

You should totally be fine. Most places I'm reading are saying on five square feet (half of the large fowl recommended) per bantam which honestly seems a bit small but in your case you have 361 square feet so you would have 18-24 square feet per bird regardless. Sounds like a lot of space :)

Oh whoops, I thought that part was still being made. The premade run is 19 sq feet. Plus 19 by 19 would be 380, divided by 20 would be 19 so yes, that would be big enough for all the bantams you're looking for. The house should be at least 40 sq feet too though, preferably 60
Gotcha! Sorry for the miscommunication. Thank you!

You should totally be fine. Most places I'm reading are saying on five square feet (half of the large fowl recommended) per bantam which honestly seems a bit small but in your case you have 361 square feet so you would have 18-24 square feet per bird regardless. Sounds like a lot of space :)
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom