Bantam with watery poop?

Porterfive

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Collinsville, MS
Hi Everyone,
Hopefully someone might be able to help with this problem.
One of our golden laced Wyandott bantams has extemely runny poop, liquid consistency. She is perfectly healthy other than that.
We have 18 chickens altogether, 7 bantams, about 9 months old and 11 chickens, now 3 months old. They all have access to layer and starter food and are given a little scratch ever day.
Any idea what we can do to help her?
Thank you.
Jenny

Sounds funny -but Quaker Oatmeal helps my bantys with the runs...I get a big box of it at a big box store like Sam's.

When my chicks were first shipped they were pasty,
Oatmeal helped. Then they were runny and Oatmeal helped again!
I think there Oatmeal is a great "Regulator" for both man and chicken!
If the oatmeal bits were big I sorta crumbled them or bounced them in the blender for a second or two. Best of luck!

cooking the oatmeal will ensure against the "anti-nutritional factor" assoc with it (the commercial feed mixes add an enzyme for this)... cook it in water and mix thru your feed. Giving live culture yogurt will also help with intestinal issues...offer it free choice.

Well, it's been weeks and this chicken is still kickin with the same problem. No matter what we feed her she still has the same problem. None of our other chickens have problems and she seems to be just fine other than her bum being a mess.

I have noticed though when she does, umm evacuate it's lots of water with little eraser sized ball shaped grey matter. Maybe I'll try to get a pic later to show?

If anyone has any ideas, please let us know.

Thanks,
J

you might need to worm them a little...you can take a sample to a vet and they can tell you id there are parasites in the poo. they can cause more problems than people realize.

Back
Top Bottom