bantams & diapers

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chiclet, Jul 22, 2010.

1. chiclet

chiclet Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    alexandria
    Has anyone successfully diapered their bantam? I keep trying every few weeks, but they're just so darn small! Either the diaper slips off, or it's too heavy, and they tip over (which is TOO funny).
    I got the smallest diaper available.

2. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I have not ever kept adult bird's inside my house.Then again when I started 6 year's ago with the bird's I would have probably had a house full of diaperd bird's lol if I had known about the diaper thing.I had a couple good brood's in my sunroom sarting and finishing with free range rabbit and Newbie chick's that could fly in my basement last 2 winter's.I am lucky enough to have some nice outside shelter's but I don't see anything wrong with keeping one or so in the house.Maybe someone here has a Diaper fix for ya.What kind of bantam's and how Old?

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    They make them for bantams, you just have to get smaller ones. We are about to get some for my bantie cochin girls.

4. chiclet

chiclet Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    alexandria
    Quote:who are you getting them from?

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I tryed to have a silkie rooster inside, but he kept getting out of his diaper. You might try lovemychix, I got two saddles from her they're great. She also makes diapers! You might contact her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by