Bantams mating with standards?

ginamomdoc

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
We just foung out that out black silkie pullet is not. A she, that is. We are not technically allowed roos, but the neighbors think that he's cute and his crow is a bit pathetic so for now he's staying with us. We have 5 pullets and one hen- all standard sized breeds- and they all get along fabulously. My question is whether we have to worry about fertilized eggs since Fuzzy (the boy) is so much smaller than the girls...the laws of physics just don't seem in his favor, you know?
wink.png

Last edited:
Yes there is a strong probability that he will get the job done. What's the 'worry' about fertile eggs? They are just as good to eat as non fertile. They must be incubated for development to start.

No real "worry" about fertilized eggs- just need an incentive to be better at getting them in the fridge sooner to avoid any accidental incubation- my kids can be picky eaters and I have an irrational fear of them seeing a teeny tiny embryo and getting put off of eggs. Now THAT would be tragic! Thanks to you all, looking forward to chicken rodeos!

Back
Top Bottom