Bantams with full size hens? Questions! (thank you)

amshizzle

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2015
Fort Worth, Texas
I have three 18 week BR pullets and I am thinking about getting Bantams from TSC chick days.
Will they get along well? At what age can I begin to introduce?
How is Bantam egg production?
I am just a "backyard farmer" so it is more for the fun of raising chickens rather than mass production.

Thank you!!!!

The younger they are the better to introduce them what I do with my birds is inside my coop I will section off a spot for the new birds and place them in that spot so then the older birds can't get them after a couple days or weeks I will let them out during the day but put them back in there spot at night then after another couple days or weeks you will let them out full time but make sure to watch them because some birds get picked on more then others you want to make sure that bird is ok before letting it out full time too. Another thing is if your birds all together are new to each other and are younger then 4 months or so then shouldn't really have a pecking order becaus they are still chicks sort of. And secondly bantam egg production mostly is the same as regular layers I know because I live in Canada in the winter they don't lay every day but they don't seem to really stop just make sure that they are laying around 6 months ish or you have a rooster. The only down side is for most bantams their eggs are smaller then store bought. I typically like the smaller eggs just because they don't taste any different and some people like to buy smaller eggs off of me.
I hope this helped tell me if it did because I like feedback on my feedback.
1f413.png

From what I hear,bantams are just like bigger chickens.They lay depending on the breed.I have a bantam that I have intergrated and all they really do is let her know that she is the lowest on the heirachy.

Back
Top Bottom