Bantams

WIchickMama

Free Ranging
Aug 15, 2021
Western WI
so I have the opportunity to get another coop this weekend and am hoping to get 1 pair of bantams for it. It is an A-frame coop that is 4x5. The person that is selling the chickens only sells in pairs, so though I want more I am not sure I can have 2 males and 2 females together, seems like a lot of males-right? (1st question)

2nd question--here are the 4 bantam breeds available--any advice pros-cons would be helpful. We get cold winters here, I have a younger child who loves to be involved and just overall egg production (though I already know it is lower than standard sizes)
*Bantam Easter Eggers
*Spangled OEGB
*Crele Bantams
*Calico Cochin Bantams

Thanks!

so I have the opportunity to get another coop this weekend and am hoping to get 1 pair of bantams for it. It is an A-frame coop that is 4x5. The person that is selling the chickens only sells in pairs, so though I want more I am not sure I can have 2 males and 2 females together, seems like a lot of males-right? (1st question)

2nd question--here are the 4 bantam breeds available--any advice pros-cons would be helpful. We get cold winters here, I have a younger child who loves to be involved and just overall egg production (though I already know it is lower than standard sizes)
*Bantam Easter Eggers
*Spangled OEGB
*Crele Bantams
*Calico Cochin Bantams

Thanks!
Yes, 2 males and 2 females is to much (but they are bantoms, so they tend to be nicer, still though Its to much)

i personally LOVE calico cochins, their adorable and so sweet! But spangled are also super nice. Good luck! :)

Ok thank you. So this person only sells in pairs, the hunt will continue then as I will need someone with some more ladies :)
TSC is good with that, but they only sell 6 chickens at a time. {like you can only buy 6 minimum, but their sexes usually arent to great, there are some errors with that *like they say 6 chickens are hens, but a few could be roos* that sorta thing, but they sell ducks/ chickens and stuff there with good food, thats where i buy my chick feed at.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom