Bantum breed ??

DaniLou

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
Hello,
I am new to this site and in search of some help to a breed of Bantum. I bought 2 of these from Rural King... 1 died and the other is thriving, getting adult feathers.... but hasn't grown in size very much at all. I was told it is a birth defect. I have 18 others (different breeds) that have gotten huge and been moved outside to the coop, this one is smaller than a sparrow and I now have it in a large bird cage. The sec pic is an updated pic..

I had a bantam like that, it was a game bantam and it didn't grow much at all until it finally grew around 2yrs old, before that he looked like an adult bird just a tad bigger than a chick

Sometimes some chicks are slow to grow. Could be genetic or a deficiency of some sort. I have always found that eventually, if they do survive, they can actually grow to be the largest in the flock or if nothing else, catch up with a quick growth spurt. Just keeping handing out the lovin and he will do fine. :)

Sometimes some chicks are slow to grow. Could be genetic or a deficiency of some sort. I have always found that eventually, if they do survive, they can actually grow to be the largest in the flock or if nothing else, catch up with a quick growth spurt. Just keeping handing out the lovin and he will do fine. :)

This. Definitely this. I had a chick hatch in a bunch who just.. Wouldn't grow. He feathered out completely EVERYWHERE except for his head, and he was tiny. The silkies were even two or three times bigger than him.

Here is next to his sister of the same age.

It's been 8 months and he's a monster of a Rooster now.

Thank you all so much!!! The lil thing is doing great and very spoiled :) Ill keep him inside till he/she hopefully has a big growth spurt... he/she is doing great :)

Back
Top Bottom