Barbu de Watermael thread?

Pics
View attachment 3190751
This little b-hole was the cutest, most infuriating thing on the planet. He didn't care if your back was turned or not; he'd come to get you. I just scooped him up when I was out there feeding and watering because I was terrified I'd step on him. He was always a brat. But very small, so it didn't bother me.
He has a very charming beard.

292592220_1248476022571942_6936581727758541465_n.jpg

I thought I would crack a couple fresh ones open today, knowing who laid these eggs each. One belongs to Aura, my lavender buff columbian d'anvers, and the other belongs to Fortune, my porcelain d'anvers. Agate began mating these hens a week ago. Given how enthusiastic he is, and how receptive they are to his desires, I figured I'd see if any might be fertile. I'm new to this game. What do the experts see?

Nipples a handsome guy. Got some good advice from Kristen on my watermaal. I’m wanting to keep some blue quail color from my two boys. My blue quail biggest (best collor) guy has two spikes but she said technically there’s three. And to breed him one year to my best triple girl and keep back the best blue quail triples. Then don’t use him. The other blue with three bumps on comb is not worth using in the line. The keeper picture. Any one spikes boy or girl not to use. Don’t know about textured combs.
Nipple became crock pot meal for someone else. His comb is a major DQ fault, and his other brother (whose name was "Muffless") had no beard which is also another major DQ fault. The only passable rooster I hatched last year was eaten by a hawk lol

View attachment 3190900

I thought I would crack a couple fresh ones open today, knowing who laid these eggs each. One belongs to Aura, my lavender buff columbian d'anvers, and the other belongs to Fortune, my porcelain d'anvers. Agate began mating these hens a week ago. Given how enthusiastic he is, and how receptive they are to his desires, I figured I'd see if any might be fertile. I'm new to this game. What do the experts see?

View attachment 3190900

hard to tell. Looks like maybe not. You will see fuzziness around the white.

Attachments

• 10C25838-DB42-43E4-9C3E-B65C93CFB0D2.jpeg
    10C25838-DB42-43E4-9C3E-B65C93CFB0D2.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 3190900

Looks fertile.

He has a very charming beard.
Mhmm. And an evil eye that would make a gypsy proud.
View attachment 3190900

Looks fertile to me.

Back
Top Bottom