Barbu de Watermael thread?

I like the look of the rooster, I wouldn't mind just having one rooster without the hens.
😊The roosters are the cutest. I’m going to have trouble picking only 2 maybe 3. I have Mille fleur and porcelian d’uccle beautiful colors. Love all the Barbu breeds
My d'anvers are having their first adult molts right now. I'm happily harvesting feathers they drop. Millefleur and porcelain feathers are lovely to look at.

My girls feel their oats first thing in the morning at 6 and right before bed at 8:30. They do this thing where they spin in place once or twice and take off running with their wings out and their heads down. Husband calls it "naruto running". They'll also pop in the air like popcorn, and when one does it, they all hop. I wonder why they spin though. It's something only the watermael seem to do.

My girls feel their oats first thing in the morning at 6 and right before bed at 8:30. They do this thing where they spin in place once or twice and take off running with their wings out and their heads down. Husband calls it "naruto running". They'll also pop in the air like popcorn, and when one does it, they all hop. I wonder why they spin though. It's something only the watermael seem to do.
😂I know what you mean.I had a couple doing that spinning thing at just a few days old. At first I thought the chick had something wrong with it. Then a couple of others started doing it. Spinning in circles and running circles around the feeder. Mine do the same jumping like popcorn as soon as they see me in the morning. Never had chicks act like that before. There crazy little guys.

Cinnabar hanging out this morning with me. They keep finding ways to climb higher. All the hens have no tail feathers right now.
Snapchat-130524748.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-708362860.jpg
    Snapchat-708362860.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
A few more. Jasper came to join us but there's no room on my shoulder so I'm holding her up to Cinna.
😂. They love to get up close and personal. Not unusual for mine to jump on me five or six at a time. When keeping a rooster is it better to look for body type, comb, or coloring? I have two blue quail guys and like the blue quail color. One has a decent three spike comb and is bigger. The other is small size but not a good spiked comb. Both body types look good to me.

Back
Top Bottom