Bargain/YardFullO'Rocks Eggs-- Baby pics pg. 4!!! :)

PaintedGemsRanch

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Hamilton, Georgia
So last night I put 30 eggs on lockdown
celebrate.gif
(24 from Bargain and 6 from Yard Full O' Rocks) Bargain sent 24 and 24 made it to lockdown!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!! Yard full O' Rocks sent 8 and 6 went to lockdown, the other 2 never developed from day one! So they werent viable... guess I would consider that a 100% too!!! Im soooo excited. I know not all hatches can be like thid but ill gladly take the ones that are!!!! Ill keep everyone posted on the pipping, zipping and hatching!! Be on the lookout on the 18th! Although dont be suprised if they are here on the 17th... due to high temps
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Sure thing! Good question.. Lockdown starts on the 18th day the eggs are set (Eggs hatch on day 21). You remove the eggs from the turner (if you had one) if not you just stop turning the eggs all together. You up your humidity to around 65% - 70%. At least thats what I put mine at, others have different opinions, its really what works best for you (trial and error). You want to have it significantly higher then the first 18 days, I like mine no higher then 45 but no lower then 20, again others think differently. So all in all you stop turning and up humidity!
smile.png
Hope I didnt confuse you!

The term Lockdown is derived from the common belief that the last days before hatch one should open the incubator only in a very very critical situation. Opening and closing the bator can mess with humidity and as a consequence create some serious issues with respect to the chicks ability to get out of the egg. If the membrane around the chick dries it can literally shrink wrap the chick and cause it to be lost. Hence a lockdown

Granny is watching....Go babies, go babies go babies....wheww whoo!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me of lock down......

24 of 24..... I've gotta go kiss some hens and roosters for you!!!!!

Way to go....Very good Mama skills of you also!

Yeah Yeah Yea...... (Ooh I should be a bit softer doing the happy Granny in Bowdon dance.)

What do the babies want for Christmas????? Ooh,,,,, a little baby sister,,,,,mmmmm....hehehehe, Well you better tell Mama....I bet I know where she can get a few more eggs....

You know I'll be back checking on you......

wee.gif

Have a blessed and happy lockdown and hatchout!!!!!

Thanks Ms. Nancy!!! You need to get a banty business! Time for Silkies! My new addiction hahahahaha Im so happy, I hope every last one hatches!!! Id love to have more eggs for Christmas but hubby and I agreed no more babies this year (already have the bator packed away in the closet) .... but come spring time... WATCH OUT! haha I cant wait to show these babies off... lol I keep telling myself to stop looking in the bator that I have 2 more days but I cant help it hahaha Thanks for the good hatch vibes everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom