Bark scorpion sting and legs are paralyzed

Please help. My sweet Sapphie ate a bark scorpion and got stung while eating it last night. We just happened to see it and it had its babies on its back. Within five minutes she was lethargic and within an hour couldn’t stand or hold her head up. We got some Benadryl in her and she made it through the night. This morning she appears a little more alert and was able to hold her head up some. I gave her some water and she just seems so tired. Her eyes are clear. She cannot move her legs. They are splayed out. She was able to move her wings a little more but she’s just laying there. Has anyone had a chicken survive a bark scorpion? Her breathing is better but still seems to work for it. My heart is breaking I’m just so worried. Thanks for any advice or info if you’ve had a chicken go through this.
Does anyone know how many milliliters of water/electrolytes I can give in one sitting without overloading her?

Please help. My sweet Sapphie ate a bark scorpion and got stung while eating it last night. We just happened to see it and it had its babies on its back. Within five minutes she was lethargic and within an hour couldn’t stand or hold her head up. We got some Benadryl in her and she made it through the night. This morning she appears a little more alert and was able to hold her head up some. I gave her some water and she just seems so tired. Her eyes are clear. She cannot move her legs. They are splayed out. She was able to move her wings a little more but she’s just laying there. Has anyone had a chicken survive a bark scorpion? Her breathing is better but still seems to work for it. My heart is breaking I’m just so worried. Thanks for any advice or info if you’ve had a chicken go through this.
*****UPDATE*****

Sapphie is standing!!!!
Wobbly but standing
Within an hour of the calcium she was more alert. I've syringed fluids every 1.5 hours alternating between water and electrolytes
She just ate her favorite treat out of my hand
That seemed to wear her out but she she's sitting feet tucked under her and fell back asleep
I’m getting hopeful!!!

*****UPDATE*****

Sapphie is standing!!!!
Wobbly but standing
Within an hour of the calcium she was more alert. I've syringed fluids every 1.5 hours alternating between water and electrolytes
She just ate her favorite treat out of my hand
That seemed to wear her out but she she's sitting feet tucked under her and fell back asleep
I’m getting hopeful!!!
That's great news! I hope she continues to improve.

Sorry about your chickens, and I am glad the others are helping you. I don’t have any experience with scorpions. Fluids can be given or tube fed 15 ml per pound of weight 2-3 times a day. It is always easier if they will drink from a small cup in front of them, but tube feeding is easy to learn and quick. I hope that your chicken recovers from this sting.

Back
Top Bottom