Barn into open air coop conversion

OMGosh! That is so cute - I might have to paint mine before it becomes inhabited. You don't worry about the babies pecking at the paint? Does it help cut down on bugs? (There's a gallon in my basement....hmmm? to paint or not to paint?)

Thanks aart! I'm glad I was finally able to move them in!

@alikap ~ They peck at everything! I painted it for ease in cleaning. From reading here on BYC, everyone was recommending painting the inside of your coop to make it easier to clean. Since we used osb, I knew if I didn't paint now, I wouldn't get the chance.

I got exterior latex semi-gloss. I also put linoleum down for the poop board which is the brooders roof.

I love what you've done with the place!
yippiechickie.gif

This was very helpful thank you for sharing it.

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks since my last post. We've done a lot since then and the babies have gotten so much bigger. I didn't realize how much until I saw the last pic of them I posted here.

I got the exterior painted in Kilz. Did I mention that painting OSB is a pain the behind??!! Luckily, I mowed the grass the day before I painted. :)

I got one of the roosts painted and up. I'm hoping to put the second roost up by this weekend. I will have to make them a longer ramp to get up to the roosts. I don't think they are ready to fly up 4 feet yet.

My babies are no longer cooped up in the brooder. I started letting them out this past weekend. They love it! That was a temp board I put in for their ramp while I put stairs on the other board. :)

I'll update with more pics as soon as I put up the other roost.

Back
Top Bottom