Barn

slkyldy4evr

Chirping
Dec 29, 2016
America
Hey Guys!
So for all of you who make coops and barns, I would like to know what a 82x34 ft barn with electrical and dry walled would cost? Any ideas would be great:D

Last edited:
A lot! I have a 40x50 barn which is insured for $80,000. Your barn will be 30% larger than that.

My barn is post and beam, built in the 1800's, so replacing it with a new post and beam barn would cost $80K or more. I chose $80K for the insurance as I would build a smaller barn if this one burned down. I don't need that much space. If you went with metal, it would be less. I've heard a radio ad for $30K for a 5000 sq ft metal building. You don't say where you live, but that can impact costs by 20-30% as well. Are you doing the work yourself, or hiring a contractor?

Are you sure you want drywall in a barn? Normally interior walls are plywood or board. Drywall is not normally used unless you plan to heat and air condition it. Moisture can be a problem with drywall.

Also check your taxes on a barn that size. Depending where you live, it could be $0 to several thousand dollars a year. That makes a smaller barn a consideration as well since its not just construction cost.

Range of cost is huge, maybe as much as double or more, depending on about 10 or 15 more variables than you mentioned. Ballpark guess is a range from $15 to $30 per square foot. If it differed much from that I would expect it to be higher than lower.

Your best bet is to ask local contractors/builders if they would be interested in providing you with either bids or ballpark numbers.

Or, if you can handle a steep learning curve and want to take a stab at it, this might be an option for your to try:

http://www.corelogic.com/solutions/marshall-swift.aspx

There is probably a small fee of $10 or so to run an estimate.

Back
Top Bottom