Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Pics
Quote:
just wondering..where did you get your first barnevelders? i'm looking to get some but i've only found one breeder! thanks.

Hi
PeaceofThyme is the best available breeder I know of
you could ask her for others as her stock is somewhat limited
I have tried other breeders and can't recommend them

that said, in the fall I will hatch some chicks from mine, so if you are still looking check back with me
I'm in Sacramento
big_smile.png

Sac... Whooo hooooo, were in tahoe and noooo one around here keeps Barnevelders. I have one roo and three hens from peaceofthyme, and I LOVE them so much more than any other breed we have had. I am actually filtering out the others, and My daughters were allowed to do a one time breeding of their favorite hen with the barny roo. Now they will be looking for new homes in favor of Barnevelders! I would like to bring in a clean line this year ......

JamesA
Nice looking Barnies and eggs. Do you happen to belong to the Yahoo list? You can email me privately if you would like to ask more about it. I know the owner does not get on BYC here.

Quote:
I don't belong to the barnevelder yahoo group.If you get a chance send me the information.I'm new to barnevelders but have culled from last years bunch to keep working on egg color which is very important to me.It really seems tricky to work on eggs color, leg color and lacing all at the same time.
roll.png

Isn't that the truth!
I keep trying to cull but it seems what doesn't have good lacing may be the one that lays the darkest egg! These birds are trying to kill me here.
barnie.gif

I think I have sold my oldest pair and now I will concentrate on what my new roo will produce with these different bloodlines.
I'll send you an email or PM with the info.

Hello all.

Just a shout out to let everyone know that if you are in or near East TN... I'm selling some BANTAM barnevelder cockrels this week. (there is a listing on here if you want to reserve one)

wink.png

I will go back to lurking now.

Hello Everyone!

New to Barnies here and very excited to start up with this breed. I wasn't going to originally breed these birds as Welsummers and Marans are what I commit the majority of my time to but they are so striking as adults that I don't think that I can resist. I blame it all on my best friend........she has been talking about them since last year, so we bit the bullet and purchased eggs. We talked about it last night and we are both going to be breeding them......WooWhoo! I have some more hatching eggs coming from JamesA and should be here today or tomorrow as we only had 7 babies hatch from the eggs that we purchased first.....lol.....we just can't figure out how to split 7 babies up evenly so the only logical thing to do was order more eggs.
smile.png

So, here is my first question for ya......Can Barnies be feather sexed?

Here are the first two that just hatched out yesterday and the day before.
11170_imgp6231.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom