Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Okay, I FINALLY managed to get some good pictures of my rooster. He's 9 months old now, and I really happy with how he is developing. Still stuff to work on of course, but nobody is perfect.

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

He is looking sharp Kelly! I really love his darkness. I wish my Uggzie was a little darker like that.
smile.png

BTW.....I got another very small pullet in this last hatch about a month ago. This years count for "bantam sized" Barnies out of my LF is 3, 2 pullets and 1 male.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I need more coffee. I was wondering how you get 3.2 pullets.
gig.gif

Thanks Kim - though his looks have nothing to do with me, I just hatched him.
lol.png
I do love how he is developing though and his tail fluff is mostly gone.
celebrate.gif
I just love his dark coloring. I think he'll make me some pretty offspring.

Quote:
I need more coffee. I was wondering how you get 3.2 pullets.
gig.gif

Thanks Kim - though his looks have nothing to do with me, I just hatched him.
lol.png
I do love how he is developing though and his tail fluff is mostly gone.
celebrate.gif
I just love his dark coloring. I think he'll make me some pretty offspring.

lau.gif
It's been a slow morning.....me thinks maybe I may have taste tested too much fermented Agave last night.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Love the color too
smile.png
He's looking really nice.

Here's a pic of one of my cornevelder pullets. I've gotten some nice pullet eggs from some of them. She's one of the best looking overall despite being a bit long in the back and I haven't gotten an egg from her yet
sad.png
fl.gif
she starts soon. She has REALLY nice lacing!
30473_cornevelder_pullet_2011.jpg

I also got a nice pic of my Barnevelder cockerel. He'll be my main breeder next year. He's a bit redder in color ( I think that's from the Johan side) but I like him alot:)
30473_barnevelder_cockerel_2011.jpg

Sadly I lost my breeder vB/Johan roo. I think he was startled and broke his neck when I had him confined to my brooder. My sis was going to pick him up the next day. She was going to "foster"him until I wanted to use him for breeding again. He was fine and then 2 hours later...dead with a bloody comb
hit.gif

Trisha

Quote:
Love the color too
smile.png

Here's a pic of one of my cornevelder pullets. I've gotten some nice pullet eggs from some of them. She's one of the best looking overall despite being a bit long in the back and I haven't gotten an egg from her yet
sad.png
fl.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30473_cornevelder_pullet_2011.jpg

I also got a nice pic of my Barnevelder cockerel. He'll be my main breeder next year. He's a bit redder in color ( I think that's from the Johan side) but I like him alot:)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30473_barnevelder_cockerel_2011.jpg

Sadly I lost my breeder vB/Johan roo. I think he was startled and broke his neck when I had him confined to my brooder. My sis was going to pick him up the next day. She was going to "foster"him until I wanted to use him for breeding again. He was fine and then 2 hours later...dead with a bloody comb
hit.gif

Trisha

Trisha~ I am very very very sorry to hear of your rooster.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

That girl is absolutely GORGEOUS and you mention the red in the Johan birds.....yes I believe they are more red, all cockerels that were produced out of my birds this year are on the red side just like their father.

Quote:
Love the color too
smile.png

sad.png
fl.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30473_cornevelder_pullet_2011.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/30473_barnevelder_cockerel_2011.jpg

hit.gif

Trisha

he looks amazing i amsorry it turned out like that,

do you think mine will turn out half that? as i realy think yours is a wonderfull barni
pic bellow - his name is Zelda ( though he was a girl for a while!)
he wont be perfect as i have already spoke about his white "pants" showing in his tail which is still growing through he is about 18 weeks old and he is a big girls blouse - he wont be used for breading heis just my little boy who loves wondering the back garden and being with his girls !
101583_2011-12-18_120157.jpg

cant get a close up he hates he !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom