Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Just thought I'd share - I ran across this pic tonight. Was taken about a month ago. Shows some nice lacing on my Barnie girls.
50610_barnieslacing.jpg

By the way, they are all laying now....

Steve

Glad they are all laying for you now.
clap.gif

chickschick..........it's really hard to tell his coloring in full sun. He looks good for his age. He will change a lot between now and a year old.

Just posting pictures of my flock of Barnies.
Swarly our Roo
113519_009.jpg

Pixie, we think shes a banty because shes so much smaller than the rest
113519_008.jpg

Babies from the summer
113519_img_3925.jpg

Alice, my darling girl i showed at county fair this summer and got 2nd over all of all breeds of birds.
smile.png

113519_006.jpg

These are such sweet and docile birds. I will try to upload newer pictures of my flock tomorrow.

Last edited:
Quote:
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your barnevelders aren't pure. (at least not all of them) They have welsummer mixed in them. Barnevelder chicks look like this (ignore the mottled javas):

IMG_3380.jpg

And for comparison, so you can see welsummer chicks:
IMG_3365.jpg

Your rooster looks like he may be pure barnevelder. You could get a pure female and test mate. If all you want is backyard flock, and you don't intend on selling, then enjoy them. But if you are wanting to breed them, you'll need to get some pure stock.

Hi NewChick!

I agree with Happy Chooks that they are not pure. Sorry. But thank you sooo much for sharing them with us and I do like your rooster, he's a good looking boy whether he is pure or not.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom