Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

2 new babies.
ya.gif
One is for sure a girl, but the one that is standing up, I'm not positive on. My boys had brighter white chests than it does. Time will tell.

So, my blue pullets from the Jan 1st hatch are starting one of their juvenile moults. They are showing some really nice lacing for such young birds:) I wish I could get a better picture, but it's been raining for days and I only had time to grab one and snap a quick pic in between showers, LOL. It's neat to see their "big girl" feathers and more "true colors" starting to show underneath their "baby" feathers. This girl is darker blue too:)

Trisha

I'm so happy, my barnies from Christina Ledford started laying this week. I nice golden brown egg! The hens are lacing nicely, but don't even have their full combs yet. Next sunny day I'm going to have to take some pics!

I'm so happy, my barnies from Christina Ledford started laying this week. I nice golden brown egg! The hens are lacing nicely, but don't even have their full combs yet. Next sunny day I'm going to have to take some pics!

I love my "vB"s too...they are really pretty hens and most of mine ended up with decent egg color.

One hen had an oops egg this week though.....Good egg color...but a little to be desired in the size don't ya think, LOL. MY husband told me to try and hatch it
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom