Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Here are my new little ones. 5 Barne X (3 girls, 2 boys) and 7 Barnies (4 boys, 3 girls)

These are the Barne X Barred Plymouth rock, pretty sure there are 2 boys and 3 girls. What do y'all think?

I think this might be 1 girl, 1 boy

Then 1 girl and 1 boy

Finally 2 boys and 1 girl

Rachael~ They are adorable!!!!!! I love Barnie babies!

I set 28 Barnie eggs 3 weeks ago and yesterday was lockdown. Only 4 are good. I don't know what's going on, but something is.
Happy Chooks didn't get any chicks from my eggs and neither did one other person that I shipped to, both only had one chick develop and quit. The hatches that I have done prior to these have been great. Wonder what's going on with these birds. Can't understand. It can't just be shipping.
Have had them on a nice slightly higher protein and vitamin diet the last couple months with plenty of veggies and greens. Eggs are fertile and they develop, I'd say probably to about day 10-14, but then they quit. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm sorry it's not just shipping and your hatches are affected too. I don't know what the cause could be, but I hope you are able to figure it out.
hugs.gif

I'm sorry it's not just shipping and your hatches are affected too. I don't know what the cause could be, but I hope you are able to figure it out.
hugs.gif

Thanks Kelly. I just don't know why all of a sudden....first your eggs, then a gal in Oregon and now mine. I just set another 2 dozen last Monday, so we will see what happens to them. I won't candled them until after this hatch is over, so a few more days to wait.

I also hope to get it figured out.

Sorry, but all four look like roos to me (except the Maran's pullet?). At first glance, I like the tail on the one that's almost standing on the yellow hose and also the body of the one standing on the sidewalk. I would say they look like pretty good quality overall, but of course it's hard to judge them at this age and just from pics.

Trisha

Hi Rachael,
Congrats on the chicks:) It does look like you got 2 boys and 3 girls with your rockxbarnie crosses. I wonder how the girls will look when they feather out? Maybe a lot like Black sexlinks,but more color/lacing on the breast?

I see for sure two boys (in the last two pics) in your barnie pics. It's hard to tell on the others and they could go either way.

Trisha

Here are my new little ones. 5 Barne X (3 girls, 2 boys) and 7 Barnies (4 boys, 3 girls)

These are the Barne X Barred Plymouth rock, pretty sure there are 2 boys and 3 girls. What do y'all think?

I think this might be 1 girl, 1 boy

Then 1 girl and 1 boy

Finally 2 boys and 1 girl

Hi Pink

Sorry to hear about the hatching problems. Think of something that changed from when you were having good hatches. Are they the same breeders? Are you washing and sanitizing eggs differently. It could be different for different reasons why you are having bad hatches at home compared to your shipped eggs are having bad hatches. For example your shipped eggs may be getting the standard treatment by usps and by some coincidence your incubator is out of adjustment. Just thinking of things....

I would try changing up some things up to see what works. If you weren't washing eggs try washing and sanitizing, maybe change feed to a standard feed like flock raiser. Figure out which birds eggs are not surviving

Good luck

Andy

Back
Top Bottom