Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

This is the father and mother of my eggs that I am currently incubating....Eggs are nice and dark...Any feedback is welcome! This will be my first Barnevelder's
Beautiful birds. You might have told us their blood lines, but if I have forgotten. Could you refresh my memory? How dark are their eggs? Could you take a picture of those? He looks a lot like my roo, even the white fluff at the base of the tale, but they are a beautiful pair. Congratulations.

Thank you!! The Eggs were shipped to me from Maine, I'm not sure of the breeding I am waiting to find out from the breeder
caf.gif

...These are the eggs
jumpy.gif
I'm not so good at taking photos....they look better in person
th.gif
the light is bad
barnie.gif

I finally got around to taking pictures of my DLBB trio. They hatched 3/12 so they are just about 6 months old. I bought chicks from a friend, but they are from Trisha line. Love feed back as I am brand spanking new to Barnies.
Deann

I'm so glad to see those nice dark eggs. That is what I'm hoping for, but my little ones haven't started laying yet. Wonder what the blood line is??

Deann, those blue laces are just beautiful!

Aya

Thanks, please ignore the two Olive Eggers in the picture. Those clearly are not Barnies. Since I only have two B Barnie girls I decided to throw two blue OE in there too to up the female to male ration so the girls don't go bald. I have three OE /Barnie eggs in the bator. Super curious what those chicks will look like and even more curious if the egg color will remain Olive.

Last edited:
Deann, I like the cockerel's darker reddish color:) I hope your girls start laying soon. I'm starting to get eggs from my blue pen and I got 6 yesterday
celebrate.gif

Egg color from the blue pullets looks pretty good like I said, but I saw one pullet lay an egg in the run
roll.png
and her egg was a bit lighter. She might end up going to my sister's unless she turns out to be an better than average layer (rate of lay or egg size).

Trisha

edited to add:

PS I've seen some neat EE x Barnevelder eggs that were a nice shade of greenish/olive with speckles. I bet your OE x Barnie chicks will also lay some pretty eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom