Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

We imported stock from the UK.
GFF I do appreciate the fact that you contribute a lot of new blood and breeds to the US. But you clearly state on your website that you are the first to import and they didn't exist until you got them here. I know darn well your aware of this thread and darn well that you knew indeed they do exist. Please do not discredit everyone on this thread who are very passionate about the breed and then pop in briefly just to try and make a sale. People on this very thread have them and have had them and have worked hard on them. Here is a cock bird of mine please feel free to compare photo's next to yours.

GFF I do appreciate the fact that you contribute a lot of new blood and breeds to the US. But you clearly state on your website that you are the first to import and they didn't exist until you got them here. I know darn well your aware of this thread and darn well that you knew indeed they do exist. Please do not discredit everyone on this thread who are very passionate about the breed and then pop in briefly just to try and make a sale. People on this very thread have them and have had them and have worked hard on them. Here is a cock bird of mine please feel free to compare photo's next to yours.
:D

Pickledchicken,

I didn't realize you were Mountain Ridge Poultry! (I'm new to the board). I was the one who commented on your homemade incubator on your facebook page. Nice to see you here too! An update on the Incukit DC... after a couple hours to install it into my cooler and make some adjustments, it is holding STEADY. I'm very happy with it. So simple to use. Hopefully it lasts. I do wonder if the heat elements are too close to the circuit board, we'll see. I have set my first test hatch using some local eggs that were given to me. If all goes well, I'd like to set my first Barnie eggs this year.

Your blue roo is beautiful. It's really interesting to see a side by side of imported stock and stock that was bred in the US. I am trying to learn more about genetics and breeding of chickens. It amazes me to see what people have done to create their own line without imported colors. I'm wishing I paid more attention to genetics in my biology classes.
roll.png

Kelsey

Well, what is the difference between the UK Barnevelders from the USA Barnevelders? I really like the GFF hens, the rooster must be molting some feathers (due to the feathers in the tail). I thought the leg color should be yellow? Other than that I like them! :)

Well, what is the difference between the UK Barnevelders from the USA Barnevelders? I really like the GFF hens, the rooster must be molting some feathers (due to the feathers in the tail). I thought the leg color should be yellow? Other than that I like them!
smile.png

The lacing on the hens is more detailed in the UK blood. The leg color is supposed to be yellow, but it fades rather rapidly with older hens. The US Barnevelders were created from other breeds and bred back to pure barnevelder. Some used BLRW, some I think have used Blue Rocks.

The lacing on the hens is more detailed in the UK blood.  The leg color is supposed to be yellow, but it fades rather rapidly with older hens.  The US Barnevelders were created from other breeds and bred back to pure barnevelder.  Some used BLRW, some I think have used Blue Rocks.

Thank you, it makes sense that they would use the BLRWs - some of the birds remind me of the BLRWs from McMurray that my friend used to have, minus the bad lacing and hackle color. Some of the bird's type look like Wyandottes also.

I did not know the yellow leg color would fade with age! I knew the slate would fade, but not yellow.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom