Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Well, after another long day of work our run is over half finished. I'm planning to have it done by next weekend so I can get my bantam barnevelders shipped soon! So excited!

Hello Barnevelder folks.
frow.gif

I have my first eggs ready for the Hatchrite. Also some crossed eggs.

Top row - Pure Barny, 2 Barny/Cornish and one Barny?EE.
Bottom - Barny/EE; Pure Barny; Barny/EE

I just got these today from the girls. I will also be adding a couple of Barnvelder/Splash eggs - hoping to get a couple of blues.

I don't know much about the breed, but I was told my Cock is from Johan lines, but I'm not sure about the girls.

Last edited:
Hello Barnevelder folks.
frow.gif

I have my first eggs ready for the Hatchrite. Also some crossed eggs.

Top row - Pure Barny, 2 Barny/Cornish and one Barny?EE.
Bottom - Barny/EE; Pure Barny; Barny/EE

I just got these today from the girls. I will also be adding a couple of Barnvelder/Splash eggs - hoping to get a couple of blues.

I don't know much about the breed, but I was told my Cock is from Johan lines, but I'm not sure about the girls.
Kate,
if it is the same boy, he is pure Johan and the girls are mixed 1/4-3/4 johan and Ledford and Cratty lines ..... basically same ingredients as most of the show flocks across the country.

I must get my pens set up and decide who goes with what for this year..... so far behind. Hope you get some pretty chicks
k/

Kate,
if it is the same boy, he is pure Johan and the girls are mixed 1/4-3/4 johan and Ledford and Cratty lines ..... basically same ingredients as most of the show flocks across the country.

I must get my pens set up and decide who goes with what for this year..... so far behind. Hope you get some pretty chicks
k/
Thanks K, I wasn't sure what your screen name was, and can't find your number (new cell phones - such a pain transferring stuff).

Yup, same ones. They look so wonderful when the sun shines and all that green glows! I know the chicks will be fabulous with this cock. I'm especially looking forward to the Barn/Splash, and the Cornish crosses. The Cornish have very similar lacing although a very different body type.

Get those pens done - the world needs more Barnevelders
jumpy.gif

They look so wonderful when the sun shines and all that green glows!
love.gif
That is what made me fall in love the the first place. I am not breeding but I LOVE to look at TLC's pics, I have 2 of hers left, they just look like rainbows in the sun. I need to get some newer pics. However, the pics just don't give them justice do they?

Hello DiamondDust! Welcome to BYC! What part of the state are you from? I have just one Barney and I'm in Kitsap. Good luck starting your new flock!
Hello CarplynF,

I'm in Mason Co. so we are neighbors! I'm hoping to get some hatching eggs this year so I can restart my flock of Barnies. I've got silkies in the 'bator right now but my next batch of eggs I really want to have Barnies!

Hello CarplynF,

I'm in Mason Co. so we are neighbors! I'm hoping to get some hatching eggs this year so I can restart my flock of Barnies. I've got silkies in the 'bator right now but my next batch of eggs I really want to have Barnies!

Are you going to the WFF Show in Monroe on the 16th? You might find some barnie eggs there. You might want to contact Tailfeathers (one page back) and see if he'll be bringing any. I know he'll be there showing his birds.

No, I won't make it to the Monroe show but I am (hopefully!) going to be getting some hatching eggs from TLS in April! It will take time to grow my flock but I'm determined to get it going. I've been in contact with Tailfeathers and he is going to be showing a pair in Monroe...I hope they do really well for him. I love seeing folks working with this beautiful breed!

Back
Top Bottom