Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Well, I tried to get some new pictures of my cockerels this morning, but the camera and birds were not cooperating. This was the best picture and it is still blurry. This is my #2 choice cockerel.

I was actually able to get a pic of one of my roo's. I'm not even sure of his age at this point, maybe 20wks. He was drinking from a puddle so he isn't standing quite upright.

Last edited:
I wanted so badly to show mine next month but I found out I have to have them all tested 30 days before show...and there just isn't enough time. So I won't be able to do any showing until next year because there isn't another show in my area until spring if I miss the one next month. Too bad...my oldest trio is just about the right age to start showing.

I wish I had known two months ago that I would have to have it done! I could have had them all tested in plenty of time... :(

I am hoping next hatching season this thread will pick up new people that love Barnies and want to talk about them, breed them, and better their flock
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Rachel dont get your comment???? I am showing my fossil rock Barnevelders
I have tried to get others interested in them
I talk to people at show interested in them
Are you showing??? Most of the enthusiasts left this thread thinking it was dominated by west coast people who arent interested in showing!!! As far as i can determine my stock is 100percent Barnevelder no mixing for size etc. i am interested in participating to improve the breed! Not for ribbons prizes!!! Rare beautiful kind Dutch chickens

Back
Top Bottom