Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

My silver pullet got in the box for the first time today, my rooster sat down next to her. I guess he didn't want to miss the birth of his first child!

only 22 more days to wait for birth
wink.png

I have 2- 3 week old chicks. So friendly and sweet. At what age should I be able to tell color and sex? They look like black/ gold but I read they can look very different as they age.

ca

I have 2- 3 week old chicks. So friendly and sweet. At what age should I be able to tell color and sex? They look like black/ gold but I read they can look very different as they age.

ca

Some of them are able to be sexed by the color of the breast fluff even at this age. To me it looks like the one on the left is male (white breast) and the one on the left is female (grayish or brownish breast). I was able to sex mine with 100% accuracy at that age this year!

DD

Some of them are able to be sexed by the color of the breast fluff even at this age. To me it looks like the one on the left is male (white breast) and the one on the left is female (grayish or brownish breast). I was able to sex mine with 100% accuracy at that age this year!

DD
That would be great.
big_smile.png

This is the onewith the darker chest.

This is the one with the lighter chest.

My friend from the Netherlands, Michael, came through and 3 fliers arrived from across the pond in yesterdays mail. Some really nice pics inside. We will be exhibiting at the Eastern Iowa Poultry Assoc. show this weekend in Iowa City, Iowa. And yes, I will be exhibiting a pair of bantam Barnevelders!
Those of you who have requested fliers or copies, I will do my best to get some good reprints made?? And let you know after this weekend and all its business.
Eric

Back
Top Bottom