Barnevelder Double Laced Blue?

Desert_Fox

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
Portugal
Hi guys.
Sometime ago, i incubated several Barnevelder eggs, suposedly double laced blue. 5 Chicks were born.
3 of them like the two on the front, and 2 like the ones in the back.

They grew, and their diferences started to become obvious.
The breeder who sold me the eggs, says they are all Barnevelder double laced blue, but last two are Blue Splash because they got a diferent mutation.
Does that makes any sence to you?

Attachments

• 20211118_103242.jpg
    20211118_103242.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 67
Hi guys.
Sometime ago, i incubated several Barnevelder eggs, suposedly double laced blue. 5 Chicks were born.

The breeder who sold me the eggs, says they are all Barnevelder double laced blue, but last two are Blue Splash because they got a diferent mutation.
Yes, it does make sense. I think. Maybe.
The breeder likely doesn't know what they mean. But I agree that those are all the same color. The main difference between them is 3 are males, lol.

Yes, it does make sense. I think. Maybe.
The breeder likely doesn't know what they mean. But I agree that those are all the same color. The main difference between them is 3 are males, lol.
Realy? I thought i had one rooster and all the others were chickens, the one in the left is bigger than the others, and is the only one who crows

Hi guys.

Also splash comes from bluexblue pairs. So it's very possible they thought that just breeding blues would get just blue offspring

There are 3 males and 2 females. But they show very little lacing. The two hens should show the same amount of lacing as a blue or black double laced, just with a lighter ground color. So either the parents were low quality or there was some mixing going on. They are very pretty, though.

Back
Top Bottom