Barnevelder Rooster $6

LupinLaneChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Lynnwood, WA
Hello,
I have a 4 month old Barnevelder Rooster for sale to good home. I originally bought him as a 4H project so he is friendly and used to being handled. He is good with other chickens, kids and dogs. So far I have only heard him crow once and the rest of the time he is a pretty mellow guy, though if he were to continue the neighbors would not be happy. He currently lives in a 10ft x 20ft run with a chicken house attached, and on sunny days he has the run of the yard (1/2 acre). I hand raised him as a day old chick from the Monroe Farm & Feed (NPIP certified) and he is a healthy chicken.

BARNEVELDER BREED CHARACTERISTICS-
- 7-8 lbs when fully matured
- The rooster has a black breast and tail and luxurious plumage with splashes of iridescent green, bronze and violet
- It is sought after there for its dark "chocolate" brown eggs
- Hardy and quiet
- Although they adapt well to being confined in a yard, Barnevelders are excellent foragers and also do well on free range
- The Barnevelder is a docile, friendly breed, excellent for children to raise

Let me know if you are interested and I would be happy to give you more information and answer questions about him! I can send you pictures as well through e-mail if you would like?

Thanks!
Melissa
Seattle Area, WA
59972_twiggy_-_front_view.jpg

59972_twiggy_-_side_view.jpg

Back
Top Bottom