Barnyard in my backyard- no, make that kitchen! LOL

LuvinMyPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Powhatan, VA 23139
Okay...someone needs to put a big sign on my back that says 'kick me' because I've lost it.
smack.gif

It's about 29 degrees outside today and I couldn't bear to keep my OEGB banty pair outside in the chickNhutch & run the last few days because it's so cold. It all started when I discovered my banty roo had sores on his butt. (long story, another thread). I gave him a bath and then didn't want to put him back out incase he wasn't dry...I can't keep them in the regular coop until I'm sure he's clear. Plus I do NOT like the cold and I want to make sure I can keep an eye on him and nurse him. I've been putting oil & antibacterial cream on him and it seems to be working. Last two days he's been crowing at 7:10 am on the dot - right when I need to leave to take the kids to school. What a good boy! I can tell he's feeling better.
big_smile.png

I'm also taking care of my friends bunny for the week while she's off to visit family in NJ. Plus, we have our own animals. So, in my kitchen area there are....2 bunnies (separate cages), 2 dogs (beds included), 2 banties (separate cages so she doesn't pick his sores), and 3 chicks (9 weeks) in the brooder in the laundry room...arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! What....was.....I.....thinking??!!!??? I'm a country girl wannabe, but this is ridiculous!

I KNOW there's got to be others out there who are as dumb as I am...anyone wanna 'fess up now? I need some reassurance I'm not alone...tee hee.
barnie.gif

Nah...not rediculous! I'm begging my dh to let me get 3 bantams for house pets. We can't have them as outside pets because of ordinances, but we can have them as indoor pets.

We had 8 chickens outside up until 1.5 months ago, when we decided to move back into town. I miss them desperately and won't give up until he says yes lol. I also want to start hatching eggs and selling them locally. There's a very limited number of breeds here locally, and I'd like to introduce new breeds to the chicken lovers in my area. Figure, if I can't have more than a couple as my own, I can at least enjoy hatching them for others.

We have 3 dogs (with crates and beds) and if i get my way, I'll have 3 chickens in my sewing room very soon.

We had a rabbit indoors, too, but rehomed it because my kiddos didn't pay any attention to it.

Oh and I have a Betta fish in my kitchen, too.
wink.png

Last edited:
I had four roosters in my bedroom for a week and a half because they were crowing...so you're not crazy!

Well, if you do not have this in your front kitchen, at least you do not need professional help....

15239_inside.jpg

And you thought you have an illness !?

The bator has about 20 eggs left. I got a feeling they are all going to hatch too !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, your house is lovely, Rimshoes! I think I need to clean up around here. LOL...I love that green wall color, very nice - it's so cottagey. I'm jealous.
smile.png

Thanks you guys for making me feel better.
hugs.gif
I guess I'm having one of those weeks where I feel 'off' and disorganized. I'm a Virgo and although I can be cluttery, I hate disorganization.
hmm.png
I need to take a day off and clean this house! DH says I'm banned from Goodwill and thrift stores.
roll.png
*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom