Barnyard Mix Guesses?

Janeothejungle

Songster
10 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Fresno, CA
Hatched from a shipped brown egg, supposed to be barred rock, but isn’t. Possibilities include….
46BF9A2E-1FA9-4E7E-9C9E-6BBC70CD6321.jpeg

Any guesses on what she’ll grow into?

BAB7F510-C047-40F5-87D9-7DE71CB5BAE6.jpeg
E7D05883-18F6-45D4-8FC6-E1A517EDF61A.jpeg

Looks like it has a rose comb. None of the breeds listed have a rose comb.
I was just going to say the same thing :)

It also appears to have a head spot (barred).
Good eye. I had missed that. (But I don't see any white barring in the wing feathers, so that's a little puzzling.)

Where did the chick come from?
You mean other than what the first post said?
Hatched from a shipped brown egg, supposed to be barred rock, but isn’t. Possibilities include….

Yep. Like did it come from a hatchery or a private seller?

The title did say "Barnyard Mix," so I was assuming private seller. But you're right that it wasn't stated.

Maybe the Barred Rocks were actually Doms.
That would account for the rose comb, but not the gold in the coloring.

Just looking at the chick, I would wonder about Gold Laced Wyandotte mixed with a crele-colored chicken such as Cream Legbar or Bielefelder.

The title did say "Barnyard Mix," so I was assuming private seller. But you're right that it wasn't stated.

That would account for the rose comb, but not the gold in the coloring.

Just looking at the chick, I would wonder about Gold Laced Wyandotte mixed with a crele-colored chicken such as Cream Legbar or Bielefelder.
It was indeed a private seller, from an ebay auction. Thanks for all the ideas! Guess we will see as she grows!

That would account for the rose comb, but not the gold in the colorinonion?
Agreed
I also wondered that, but went by the list. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom