Barnyard mixes/gender help

Wishflower Acres

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2020
Hatched July 14th. Cockerels or pullets?
Thanks in advance!
PXL_20200920_230714124.jpg

PXL_20200920_232015510.jpg

Oh good!! I was hoping they were pullets! One is definitely from my barred rock hen and I think my barnyard mix rooster. The other I think is a cross between my Delaware hen and my Buff Orpington rooster.

I know! I had to go look at the combs of my grown barred rock hens. But all of them have bigger combs.
Yep! Barred rocks have single combs, and this ones appears to have a pea comb, or rose comb. Dominiques have barring, rose combs, and pink legs. This one looks almost like a cross! It's so interesting how most of the barred rock traits pulled through so well with a non barred rock dad. It'll be interesting to see what color she lays!

Yep! Barred rocks have single combs, and this ones appears to have a pea comb, or rose comb. Dominiques have barring, rose combs, and pink legs. This one looks almost like a cross! It's so interesting how most of the barred rock traits pulled through so well with a non barred rock dad. It'll be interesting to see what color she lays!
Oh, I hadn't even thought of it because I was afraid to hope that they were both pullets! I am so excited! These two were hatched from the first momma that I let go broody. And since this is so much fun, my chicken math is gonna get me in trouble! LOL!

Oh, I hadn't even thought of it because I was afraid to hope that they were both pullets! I am so excited! These two were hatched from the first momma that I let go broody. And since this is so much fun, my chicken math is gonna get me in trouble! LOL!
Chicken math gets us all in trouble, sooner or later. If one of mine went broody, I'd just have to break it :( parents.
perfect chicken meme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom