Barred EE's or Araucanas or Ameraucanas

So, would a production black be a good choice for hens to make sex links?

productionblacks.gif

Production Blacks were developed by Ideal Poultry in the early 1960's. They are a combination of several breeds but are basically a black, silver barred plumage bird, which has a plumage color pattern similar to Barred Plymouth Rocks. This breed is the most efficient white egg producer of the breeds and varieties that are not primarily white. They breed true; however, they have not been recognized as a pure breed by the American Standard of Perfection.

Their mature weight is 4 1/2 lbs.

https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=PBP&Product=413

Then, which variety of Ameraucana or Araucana would be best for a rooster to produce the best color out of a white egg laying hen?​

Dipsy,
Yes Silver Campines. But barred EE Ameraucanas may be a better way at least faster.

Last edited:
I hope someone can answer this: I have a hatchery EE chick that has clearly barred wings right now, and barring showing up on the tail. Does this mean it is a male?

DSC02339.jpg

Last edited:
Henheaven,

If it was a cross with Barred Rock, Dominicks, or Marans it would probably be a male.
However if a cross with two other breeds it could be either m or f.

HenHaven,

If It Is A roo and you do not desire to keep him, Let me Know.

Back
Top Bottom