Barred Holland breed of chickens

Pics
So happy to have found this thread. We really wanted to add this lovely breed to our farm and have contacted several breeders to inquire about purchasing hatching eggs, but none have returned our messages. Is anyone on this thread currently selling hatching eggs? I had planned to turn my incubator off in a couple weeks, but if I can find Holland hatching eggs then I guess it will stay on for a while longer :)

Please PM me or you can send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you!

I just confirmed our speaker for next weekend! I am so excited to meet everyone who will be making the trip! I want to make sure I have enough printouts and supplies. Can you give me a rough idea of how many will be able to make it?

I am going to attempt to record the talk given by Craig Russell and make it available via the internet. I can't make any promises regarding the other portions, like the meet and greet, etc. Just wanted to put that out there.

Also, the ALBC has generously donated a year's membership as a door prize!

Hope to see you next week!

The best place to start is with private breeders. Take your time so you don't end up with some ones cast offs. Read over the SOP and be choosy. My family is working with the Gracie Mae line and a Gracie Macie/Ideal line. We have seen much improvement. But we are working hard at it. I have the advantage of a husband who is a scientist. Who ran an Ag/chem dept for over 15 years and has access to lots of people to help me with this.
We will begin selling again in the Spring. I had thought about selling some this Fall but I decided to hold off. I am going to let the girls do their thing and take my time.
In the mean time please join the progress of my flock and others who wish to join in
at.....www.facebook.com/groups/barredhollandbreed/
You can ask questions, share information, and find out when chicks, eggs, and breeding pairs are available.

Suzanne Holland

Thankyou for identifying my typo Cheralee , I do make those when I am typing and talking chickens with my husband at the same time. So to be clear to everyone reading.....I have GRACIEMAE AND GRACIE MAE/IDEAL LINES. Not Sandhill.

Last edited:
Suzanne,

Did you get rid of your Ideal birds?

06/09/14 "Hi. So glad you are interested in the Barred Holland Breed. I agree with mhollow on deciding if you want the breed for meat and eggs or to improve the breed to standard . I am working with two lines. A Gracie Mae and a Gracie Mae/ideal mix. ... That is not exactly a bad thing, just business. I have not seen the Barred Hollands from The Poultry Hatchery... But I did try to purchase some from them and they never could produce the birds. Sand Hill is said to have nice chicks but not consistently laying white eggs. But I have not seen either so this is only word of mouth."

What do you think of your Sandhills? I ask because I have several different generations of SH in my flock and they are somewhat all of the spectrum. I am curious about the Ideal as I haven't ever seen them in person.

Thankyou for identifying my typo Cheralee , I do make those when I am typing and talking chickens with my husband at the same time. So to be clear to everyone reading.....I have GRACIEMAE AND GRACIE MAE/IDEAL LINES. Not Sandhill.
Edited by hollandchicks - Today at 11:21 am

My opinion on both since you asked are. They both have questionable egg color.
Sand hills have questionable feather color/ pattern.

Last edited:
I have 4 Barred Holland chicks (Gracie Mae Line) that were hatched this past weekend. They need a new home asap. I would like to be able to ship them by the end of the day on Wednesday 8/19 by the end of the day. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom